Aftercare for Massage, Body Treatments & Holistic Therapies
After your treatment your body and mind is relaxed. To gain maximum benefit from your treatment it is recommended you read and follow the aftercare advice sheet.
Drink plenty of water after your treatment. This helps with dehydration, lost fluids, reduces soreness, reduces fatigue and helps eliminate toxins from your body.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, tea and caffeine for 24 hours after treatment as they can have a dehydrating effect on the body.
- Avoid heavy spicy meals after the treatment. Eat a light meal so the body can concentrate on natural healing and encourage detoxification.
- Avoid strenuous activity and take plenty of rest.
- Please avoid bathing or showering until the following day if you have had a wrap or aromatherapy treatment as the products continue to work after the treatment.
- For long term results book in for regular treatments and use the home care products recommended.
- Support your body with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Sometimes people experience some soreness for 24 hours or so after a massage. If you do feel sore or think that you might, stretch gently in a hot shower or take a warm bath. Remember to tell your massage therapist about your experience so it can be taken into consideration in your next session.
- If you feel sore after a massage applying a cool compress can help to reduce inflammation.
- Do not have any other body treatments for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid direct sunlight, sunbeds and heat (e.g. saunas) for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid alcohol and heavy meals for 24 hours after treatment
- Keep skincare products to a minimum for 24 hours after treatment
- Stay relaxed and keep warm for 12 hours after treatment
- Some people experience unexpected reactions after a massage or body treatment. It is not unusual to experience any of the following: cold-like symptoms; increased sweating; stuffy, blocked or runny nose; heightened emotions – high or low (e.g. crying or elation); feeling sleepy & fatigued or deeply relaxed; feeling irritable; feeling energised; temporary worsening of symptoms; increased thirst; increased urination; sounder sleep. If any of these feelings last for more than 24-48 hours or you have any concerns please contact us. 07813374918
www.riverlifemassage.co.uk October 2016